Monday, June 8, 2009

Good Read

"I wonder how the book got to Guernsey? Perhaps there is some secret sort of homing instinct in books that brings them to their perfect readers."

This can be true for every reader of this book.

I enjoy most books I read. But I have to tell you how much I loved the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It's no secret that I love books having to to do with World War II. I find so many of the stories, whether fact or historical fiction, fascinating. However, some of them can be a little heavy. This book, while touching on heavy topics, does so in such a manner that just endears these characters to you all the more. I fell in love with this entire story and found myself sad to see it end.

If you are looking for a good read, I highly recommend this one!

No comments: