Friday, June 12, 2009

Reasons I Love My Mother

My mom is great. Sometimes she completely surprises me with the things she says. Like the time she told me she'd always wanted a tattoo. And it wasn't just that she wanted a tattoo, it was the thought that went into it! She knew the design and placement of this tattoo.

Anyway, I saw this video the other day and sent it to my mom. When I was young, my mom would drop me off at the rec center day care and go Jazzercise. So in my email I asked if this is what she looked like and if she'd do it again sometime. The picture in my head is quite funny, I was hoping I could see if reality was just as good. My mom's response:

"Are you KIDDIN' me? These gals are OK, but our choreography was far more complex and our costumes way cooler.

(BTW - consider yourself lucky that you can't recall such details)"

And this is why I love my mother (amongst other things). So, if you know my mom, just imagine her doing these moves. Maybe it'll make your day too.

4 comments:

Mel said...

This was is SOOOO much better than the basketball one.

Kim said...

I've always wanted a tattoo, too! What would your mom get? I would get Texas or a potato: my two favorite things.

Karen said...

She wants a tattoo of either a butterfly or a star on top of her foot. Just a little one though. Texas or a potato? That is probably one of the most difficult decisions you'll face in life.

Milette said...

That was scary! And that is soooo cool your mom use to jazzercise tell her she is my hero!