Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Greetings

I'm up in Deer Valley at a conference this week. This is honestly one of my favorite weeks of the year. It's the only time I get to see a lot of our reps, whom I love. Even though it's chaotic and I'm eating my first meal at 9:30 tonight (outside of two cookies and some Diet Coke), I wouldn't trade the lack of sleep for anything.

Now, as a man in business, greetings are easy. It's a handshake and maybe a half hug. Women don't have it so easy. The approach is always so awkward. Is he going to shake my hand? Hug me? If it's a hug, is it a half hug or a whole hug? Am I going to have to kiss on the cheek, or is he going to think I'm crazy for trying that (even though there are one or two reps that I wouldn't mind the kiss from)? AAAAH!!!!!! See how one could go crazy? Or maybe I'm just neurotic.

No comments: