Friday, January 23, 2009

Reminiscing

I'm obviously really busy at work today. Can you tell? Anyway, I'm not even sure how my brain got to thinking of this today, but when I was on the book date, we walked past the young adult section and they still have The Babysitter's Club books! The covers are updated, but it took me back! I spent a lot of time with Kristy and the gang growing up. If anyone knows where I can find the complete set, let me know.
Wouldn't this be a great addition to anyone's collection? Do you guys have any books that take you back? Remember The Boxcar Children? Or The Great Brain? What about Ramona? I could go on for days!

On a book-related note, I have a love/hate relationship with the book aisle at Costco. Before this week, I had one book I was reading, five books on the floor by my bed waiting their turn and a list of another 20 or 30 that I want to read. So it's not like I don't have any options. But what happened when I went into Costco? Those darn $8 books caught me! So now, instead of five books waiting to be read, I have seven. Happy reading!

5 comments:

Mel said...

I WAS Kristy. The Wayside School books.

Marin said...

Oh man. I LOVED the Babysitter Club books.

Katie said...

Boxcar children, Ramona and Babysitters Club were all books I read, often. The last time I checked (years and years ago) they were into the 100s of the Babysitters Club books. That's alot of books, I don't think you'd want a complete set.

Megan said...

Loved the Boxcar Children! This post totally took me back ...

Lizzy said...

I had a babysitters club. We had an agenda and everything. :) I had the whole set at one time...