Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sacrilege or Something

As many of you know, my boss has been called to serve as a mission president in Brazil. I've spent a lot of time assisting him in preparing to leave and getting him out of the country. He spent the majority of this week at the MTC in a seminar with the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve. Today he told me how incredible it was to sit with these men, learn from them, and receive blessings. I know the missionaries and the members will be blessed by his humble leadership and his wife's incredibly loving spirit.

Anyway, to the point of the post. Right as my boss got home last night, his tutor called to let him know he'd left a package for him back at the MTC. So my boss called and asked me to go down and get it for him this morning. Now, I haven't been to the MTC since an ex-boyfriend went on a mission, so it was very strange pulling up and seeing all the "cute little guys" (as I normally refer to missionaries). I was walking out of the building and this very attractive (read: hot) guy held the door open for me. Now, my first thought was, "Wow, this is a hot guy...with no missionary tag on...", which, in an of itself, was exciting. My second thought, "Can I have these kinds of thoughts at the MTC?!?!?!" I don't know. What I do know, is I pulled away with a smile on my face (because there was a little bit of an acknowledgement between us) and feeling entirely sacrilegious for my thoughts.

3 comments:

Megan said...

LOL! I love "cute little guys" :)

Marin said...

Maybe the "Hot Guy" works there and isn't a missionary. You should go back and check :).

Mel said...

Go to your room, get on your knees and REPENT!