Thursday, September 18, 2008

Everything I Learned about Safe Deposit Boxes...

This just happened and is representative of a typical conversation here at my wonderful office:

Male Co-Worker #1 to MCW #2: "You're a manly man, right? If I were getting a 3x5 safe deposit box, which is the height and depth?"

Me (chiming in): "Usually there's a height, width and depth, you're missing a number."

Discussion continues...

MCW 1: "So it would be 3 feet by 5 feet."

Me: "That box would be almost as deep as I am tall!!!"

MCW 1: "But I just figured that it would be big. The one he pulls out in The Bourne Identity is pretty big."

The conversation goes on and gets to this point:

Female Co-Worker: "Do you even know how safe deposit boxes work? You have to give them ID and all sorts of stuff."

MCW 1: "No! In The Bourne Identity they use biometrics and stuff!"

Me: "So, basically, everything you know about safe deposit boxes, you learned from The Bourne Identity."

MCW 1: "Exactly!"

Maybe it's only funny to me. But we're supposed to be a professional organization and here is our controller learning from movies. Classic. 

No comments: