Friday, September 5, 2008

Recent Randomness in My Life

I know I need to post my church history trip (which was wonderful), but I couldn't not post all of the good, funny and random things that have happened in my life lately, so here it goes:

Good:
*I have awesome bosses! I got to talk to my boss in Brazil for the first time in a while today. Sometimes I don't think I miss him, and then I talk to him and realize that I kind of do. He was reminding me that I need to get married in order to gain celestial glory. And my new boss is great! He and his wife are getting settled and I did some stuff to help them out - nothing that I felt was above and beyond - but they gave me a nice gift as a thank you anyway!

*Awesome roommates! The girls I live with are always entertaining (see Random below).

*General good feelings about life. I love it. 

Funny:
*My co-worker's wife came in with their kids today and I was asking his son (3) if his new baby sister cried a lot and he said, "Yeah, but she's happy a lot, too." And then he went on his merry way with the Oreos I gave him.

Random:
*Guys giving very specific compliments:
-"I really like the shoes you wore yesterday"
-"I like that you wear high heels"
-"I like your sunglasses. You know how everyone has 'a thing'? Mine are sunglasses."
It's very off-putting to have a guy try to pinpoint something so particular to compliment. I prefer generalizations, like, "You look really nice today." Especially when I hardly know the guy, or in the case of the sunglasses, don't know the guy at all.

*The Dirty Dancing Concert - Did you know this is on the DVD? It's on my roommate's copy and oh so enlightening. Look at the great clip below. 

My roommate then proceeded to tell me that she kind of had a crush on the guy (something about 80's hair, I think).

Anyway, the church history post will come soon. For now I'm having the time of my life!

2 comments:

Mel said...

How could you be having the time of your life? I wasn't mentioned even once. Don't I help make life fulfilling? Ha Ha Ha...I like that you wear high heels too. Is it weid coming from me?

Kim said...

Kim + Eric Carmen = LOVE