Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Brain is a Jukebox

I have a roommate that thinks in movie quotes. People will say things, and it triggers all sorts of movie lines in her head. When people say things to me (or just within my earshot), I think in songs. Say something to me and I can probably sing a line to a song that corresponds. Today, I broke out in "How Deep is Your Love" by the Bee Gees. Whenever my coworker or I say any variation of "meaning a lot", "Girl You Know It's True" by Milli Vanilli is sung/rapped/lip synched. I can't hear anything about "rock" without singing "Rock Steady" or "Rock With You" in my head. Sometimes it's really entertaining to be me. I never know what I'm going to get.

P.S. I was the last person into my bedroom at my house tonight. This almost never happens. Why was I up so late? Because I was finishing a new book I got today. I love not having to work this week!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I know this about you, that it seems you know every song ever made. It's handy to know if I ever need help remembering a song, or maybe getting songs together for my wedding video. ;)

kurt and ash said...

Hi Karen! Hope you had a good holiday!!

Yes!! I am way serious! I will be moving up north in the next 2 months or so ... so please do start thinking for me! Email me or call me (my number is still the same if you still have it) if you want! :)