Thursday, July 24, 2008

Superheroes?

In the past seven days, I have seen two "superhero" movies. The first was The Dark Knight. Twice. In 36 hours. I can honestly say I'm glad I saw it twice, though. I had talked to a friend about going on Saturday, so he went ahead and bought tickets early on in the week. Then a friend bought a ticket for me to the midnight showing. I couldn't say no!

They weren't kidding with the title. It was dark. I walked out of it the first time so disturbed with my friend asking, "Are you sure you want to see that a second time?" and I honestly wasn't sure. But, with the time to process and a second shot at it, I like it. It's incredibly well acted (Heath Ledger was too creepy for his own good). The action is seriously non-stop. It's intense. I had my face covered a lot of the time.  And, hello, Christian Bale? Aaron Eckhart? How can one miss with those men in a movie? Note, don't let the kiddies see it. Nightmares will ensue (maybe even for adults).


Next up, Hancock. I've had several people tell me what a good show it is. But I haven't heard anything except for what was already in the previews - Will Smith plays a person with superpowers who does good things with a bad approach. And is a drunk. And it's got Jason Bateman, too. Now, I won't spoil the movie for those of you who will be seeing it. I didn't really know what to expect when I walked into the movie. But even with not knowing what to expect, I didn't expect what I got. It was really good. I liked that it was about connecting.  

Both movies left me leaving the theater needing to process. I enjoy movies like that.

1 comment:

Cam said...

We just saw the movie this weekend- Aaron Eckhart is a returned missionary- just incase you were wondering!