Wednesday, July 9, 2008

These Are My People



In late 2001, I had just broken up with a boyfriend, happened to sign on to instant messenger and talked to Marin for the first time in a while (other than random run-ins like at Off Broadway). I can't tell you how grateful I am to the Lord for that day when we began to hang out again. Because of that one little interaction on IM, I got to meet Milette. These two will forever be "my people".

Marin's here for a bunch of family things for the next few weeks and before she came in, she called so we could surprise Milette with a birthday dinner. It was SO much fun to watch Milette's reaction as Marin came into the restaurant. 

We spent the night reminiscing and catching up on all the things going on in our lives. Marin and I were talking when I dropped her off about how nice it was to have your friends that you can really be yourself with. These women know everything about me and they accept me anyway. We also discussed how nice it was to have people to be stupid with.

So girls, thanks for being my "stupid" friends! Much love!

P.S. I thought about posting a picture from St. George, but I figured I might lose you.


2 comments:

Marin said...

You could never lose me, but good idea on a non St. George picture. I love your guts and hopefully get to hang out with you more before I leave.

Mel said...

Please tell Milette that I love her hair color!