Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Rockin' House

My house is really rocking at this moment...I've been holed up in my room all night. I think one of my roommates has been in hers as well. I just went downstairs and one of my roommates is on the couch fast asleep. I love it! We sure know how to live it up around here.

On another note, do you think "The Secret" really works? If I want something enough it will happen? Or is it more like the idiom "a watched pot never boils"? Weigh in, because I think I want something to happen...

3 comments:

Kim said...

I thought I felt someone watching me as I slept last night! Okay, here's my weigh-in: I don't really think that believing something will happen actually cause it do so. I do, however, believe strongly in self-fulfilling prophecy. If you are convinced you will score poorly on a test, you will get discouraged and give up without making a real effort and you will probably score poorly. If you are sure a particular guy will ask you out, you might make a concerted effort to look your best when you see him and engage him in good conversation. He will then probably recognize that you are pretty cool and then ask you on a date. In every instance, it requires belief and action, not mere belief.

Katie said...

I haven't read the secret, but my dad has. He just got married this past Saturday, and he contributes his remeeting Mei to The Secret, and he also thinks his wanting something to happen helped him find a new job. So take that as you will. I want to read the book soon, though.

Mel said...

Sounds like a book I need to read. I want Todd's loans to pay off, him to start a really successful design business, me to be able to finish decorating my house the way I want to and to get rid of the saddlebags. Do you think it will solve all of that?