Saturday, April 4, 2009

Idiocy and Minimalism

I'm dumb. Some people say "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways." But usually, when it's me, they say, "How dumb can you be? Let me count the ways."

First, yesterday I was putting something away in my filing cabinet and slammed it shut...along with four keys and part of the key ring. I spent five minutes yanking and pushing trying to get it open again so I could close it (the right way). As I was doing this, I pulled on the key ring and sliced my finger. To the point that I couldn't use my index finger from about 3:00pm on yesterday (to the point that I was cussing in my head when it touched anything, even gently). My roommate thinks I might have tetanus. I think it's healing nicely. I can use my index finger with relatively little pain today.

Second, I lose my phone all the time. Like today when I went to lunch between conference sessions. As I got back, I realized I didn't have my phone with me. So I asked my roommate to call it and I heard it vibrating, but couldn't see it. I thought it was the crappy lighting in the garage, so I grabbed a flashlight and was looking under my seat and the passenger seat and in the back seat. As I was doing this, my sweatshirt hit the side of the car and I heard a clunk. My phone was in the pocket of my hoodie. I was a little sheepish walking back in the house.

Now, onto minimalism. I have taken to being a minimalist on Saturdays. What does this mean, you ask? Well. It means I do the least possible in order to feel decent before leaving the house. This pretty much means I put on a little makeup, throw my hair in a ponytail (and a headband to get my bangs out of the way) and usually end up in a uniform consisting of jeans, a hoodie and tennis shoes. I really dress to impress.

1 comment:

Mel said...

And yet through all your minimalism...you still look amazing. Man, your "dress-down" day is a dress-up day in my book.