Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thank You

The phrase "laid off" sure scared some people, but that was actually the last thing on my mind when I posted the other day. It was honestly such a relief to leave - to the point that I feel like a bit of a different person. I truly feel so blessed right now.

I've already got another job lined up with my brother that I'm really excited/nervous about. I'm mostly nervous because my brother's got such expectations and trust. It's been a while since I've felt that I'm needed and trusted and will be utilized as the assistant I know I can be. But I feel like I'm up to the challenge. Mostly because, along with those expectations, my brother believes in me. And that's one of the best motivators in the world for me.

I have to say thank you. This has been the craziest week in my life. So many things have been going on (even outside of this whole "job" thing), but I believe that when I look back at this week, the one thing I will remember is the outpouring of love and support I have felt. So many people have had such concern and a willingness to help out. It's humbling to know so many people care. I've had calls with job offers, words of advice, offers for dinner, etc. and every time I start to think about all of this show of love, I get choked up (I've become a crier in my old age). So, thank you. Much love from me!

No comments: